Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bye, Bye old friend...

Today was a day of emotional ups and downs...Sarah Kate said goodbye to her old friend the "paci". Yes, I know she was too old for the darn thing and I should have gotten rid of it long ago- lesson learned! I tried to get rid of it at Christmas but she decided to potty train, then the move and the big girl bed, I just didn't want her to have too many life changes all at once, but I wanted to do it before Hadley arrived. So off we went to "Build A Bear", I had read an article about ditching the paci and they suggested placing them inside a bear, this way the child could still have them, just not in the same way. Sounded good to me, so we built "Purple" the bear (yes, she finally got to name something Purple). We chose two outfits (both Princess), some panties (random) and a purse for her. Sarah Kate was all smiles till we got in the car and was getting a bit tired when she realized there was NO PACI to suck on- the the tears and the drama kicked in! "I want my paci, I need it, I just DO need it, I need it NOW, etc" all the way home and once home while trying to take a nap- it wasn't pretty! Bedtime wasn't as bad and then today she has only mentioned it a couple of times, so maybe its true about the 3 days to break the habit- I'll let ya know once we are over the 3 day hump! I am including some pictures of the big event.

On the front steps with all the pacifiers- bye, bye!



Buliding the bear


Right before placing the paci in the bear- one last hug!


Sarah Kate and her new friend Purple at the naming station

1 comment:

JJ Haire said...

That is the neatest idea I've heard on how to get rid of the paci! Tatum used Buckshot as her tool - she told Mitchell that Buckshot ate it! Hope you got over the 3 day mark and that the paci is only a memory!